In conjunction with a large global Insurer, Austbrokers Aviation have negotiated an exclusive insurance facility for CASA Certified UAV operators which we believe provides the broadest cover available in the market. Some details of the policy are as follows:
Who can be coveredOur insurance coverage is only available to CASA Certified drone operators. All controllers must hold a Remote Pilot’s Licence (RePL) and all operations must be performed under a valid Remote Operator Certificate (ReOC).
Unfortunately, we cannot offer insurance coverage to:
- Hobby/recreational drone operators, or
- Sub-2kg (excluded category) drone operators.
What is coveredProvided the drone is operated in accordance with all CASA regulations and as per your ReOC, our policy will automatically cover you for any operations. Unlike other Insurers, we have no exclusions for crowded/sporting events, powerline inspection or agricultural spraying. All these activities are included automatically in our policy for no additional cost.
- One premium covers the operation of up to 5 x UAVs (not one premium for each UAV)
- Cover available for standard limits of either AUD 10,000,000 or AUD 20,000,000 (but we can arrange cover for higher limits if required)
- Cover available for all makes/models/values of UAVs
- Cover available for all equipment used in conjunction with UAVs (cameras etc.)
- Cover applies in whilst in flight, on the ground and in transit.
- Cover can be extended (with Insurer’s approval) to include overseas operations.
- Monthly payment option available.
- Two staff members dedicated solely to servicing drone operators.
- Get a quote online in 60 seconds.
Austbrokers ABS Aviation are a member of Australian Certified UAV Operators Inc. (ACUO)
Request a quote
The information on this site is for general information purposes only and does not take into account your particular needs and objectives. For appropriate advice you should contact our office to enable us to determine which products and services are most appropriate for your needs. As the web site does not include full details of any products referred to, you should read the respective policy wording that can be made available on request. Austbrokers ABS Aviation Pty Ltd will not be liable to any individual or organisation for any damages whatsoever arising out of the use of the site.
Our team of qualified experienced insurance professionals will work with you to understand your business operations and will work closely with you to ensure you attain the best outcome.
Duty of Disclosure
You do not have to tell the Insurer about any matter
- that diminishes the risk
- that is of common knowledge
- that the Insurer knows or should know in the ordinary course of their business as an insurer, or
- which they indicate they do not want to know
If you do not comply with your Duty of Disclosure they may reduce or refuse to pay a claim or cancel your Policy. If your non-disclosure is fraudulent they may treat this Policy as never having worked.
Code of Practice